The May 2015 Issue of
Small Boats Monthly
An on-line magazine crafted especially for those who store and maintain their boats at home.
- ROSINA MAY—A Thames River Skiff
- A Lapstrake Livery Boat
- The Rivers and Canals of Belgium and France
- Lightweight Aluminum Trailers
- Make Your Own Bailer and Heaving Line
- DOCKHOUSE QUEENA—A 16′ Electric Mini-Tug
May/June 2015, Issue 244
- My Affair with the International 14
- The Right Respirator Cartridge and a Good Fit Will Keep Lungs Healthy
- The Vintage Yachts of Régates Royales
- Workboats in Yacht Clothing
- An Authentic French Frigate Sets Sail for America
- The L. Francis Herreshoff Schooner JOANN
- Setting Up to Build an H-28
- The Extraordinary Voyage of Xabier Agote
- Fighting Fire Afloat
Newsstand Only Special Issue
Small Boats 2015
A guide to trailerable small craft you can store and maintain at home.
- High-performance dinghy, family daysailer
- A McKenzie-style drift boat
- A charming house and camp boat
- A nicely mannered rowboat
- The smallest of K. Aage Nielsen’s double-enders
- A sail-and-oar boat in the style of Arthur Ransome
- A high-performance expedition boat
- And more…
Join for FREE! Sign up now
You are now logged in.
Read the latest “A Cold-molded Lapstrake 39′ Sea Bright Ketch–My Seventh Cruising Sailboat?” by Reuel Parker.
Friday, May 15, 2015 to Saturday, May 16, 2015Chesapeake Light Craft, 1805 George Ave., Annapolis, MD 21401; and Matapeake State Park, Stevensville, MD 21666
Sunday, May 17, 2015 to Sunday, May 24, 2015Marietta, Ohio
Monday, May 18, 2015Superfine 126 Front Street DUMBO, Brooklyn
Saturday, May 23, 2015 to Monday, October 12, 2015399 Center St., Wolfeboro Falls, NH 03896
WoodenBoat Master Builder
How to Sharpen Hand Saws
Photos & Videos
If you’re in the market for a boat to build, this is a fine place to start. And if you are a designer offering plans or kit boats, we invite you to enter your information, there is no charge! This is for boats of ANY hull material.
If you are considering building a wood-epoxi Optimist dinghy, you will definitely need our...